- The Global Coalition on Women and AIDS
- Increase Women's Control Over HIV Prevention: Fight AIDS
- Description of Work
- Issue #4
- The Global Coalition on Women and AIDS, n/d, 4 pp
- http://data.unaids.org/pub/BriefingNote/2006 20060530_FS_Women%27s%20HIV%20Prevention%20Control_en.pdf
"Given the AIDS epidemic’s disproportionate impact on women, there is a critical need to develop prevention options that women can use with, or when necessary without, their partner's knowledge. Unless women gain greater access to effective prevention tools that they can control, global and national efforts to halt the spread of AIDS cannot succeed. Improving prevention options for women requires both broadening current prevention strategies and developing new technologies that enhance women’s ability to protect themselves.
That is why the UNAIDS-led Global Coalition on Women and AIDS has made female-controlled prevention a top priority."
NGOs or Civil Society Organisations
Related Published Resources
- The Global Coalition on Women and AIDS, Support Women Caregivers: Fight AIDS, Issue #5, The Global Coalition on Women and AIDS, n/d, 3 pp. (Also available at http://data.unaids.org/pub/FactSheet/2006 20060719_GCWA_FS_Support_Women_Caregivers_en.pdf) [ Details... ]