- UNAIDS - The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS
- Monitoring the Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS: Guidelines on Construction of Core Indicators: 2008 Reporting
- Description of Work
- UNAIDS/07.12E / JC1318E (English original, April 2007)
- UNAIDS, Geneva, April 2007, 144 pp
- ISBN 978 92 9173 563 1
"The primary purpose of this document is to provide key constituents who are actively involved in a country’s response to AIDS with essential information on core indicators that measure the effectiveness of the national response. These guidelines will also help ensure the consistency and transparency of the process used by national governments. In addition, this information can be used by UNAIDS to prepare regional and global progress reports on implementation of the United Nations General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS.
Countries are strongly encouraged to integrate the core indicators into their ongoing monitoring and evaluation activities. These indicators are designed to help countries assess the current state of their national response while simultaneously contributing to a better understanding of the global response to the AIDS pandemic, including progress towards meeting the targets in the Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS. Given the dual purposes of the indicators, the guidelines in this document are designed to improve the quality and consistency of data collected at the country level, which will enhance the accuracy of conclusions drawn from the data at both national and global levels.
This document also includes an overview of global indicators that will be used by UNAIDS and its partners to assess key components of the response that are best measured on a worldwide basis."
- Drugs and alcohol
- HIV and AIDS
- Monitoring and evaluation
- United Nations General Assembly Special Session on HIV/AIDS
Related Published Resources
- UNAIDS - The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, Monitoring the Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS: Guidelines on Construction of Core Indicators: 2010 Reporting, UNAIDS/09.10E / JC1676E (English original, March 2009), UNAIDS, Geneva, March 2009, 140 pp. (Also available at http://data.unaids.org/pub/Manual/2009/2009_UNGASScoreindicators2009_en.pdf) [ Details... ]