- WHO/WPRO - World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific and Ministry of Health Malaysia, Department of Public Health
- Consensus Report on STI, HIV and AIDS Epidemiology: Malaysia
- WHO/WPRO; Ministry of Health Malaysia, April 2001, 25 pp
- http://www.wpro.who.int/NR/rdonlyres/63884D94-30D7-4CAD-9809-5B9067777E00/0 Consensus_Report_MAA_2001.pdf
"A consensus workshop, held in 1999, estimated the average HIV prevalence in Malaysia to be 41 000 in 1998.
In order to reassess the HIV/AIDS situation, the Ministry of Health of Malaysia, with support from WHO, organized a workshop in Kuala Lumpur in April 2001, with the following specific objectives:
· to review available data on HIV/AIDS, STIs and relevant behavioural factors in Malaysia;
· to identify the STI/HIV/AIDS trend;
· to make estimates and projections based on existing data;
· to reach a consensus on the situation; and
· to recommend improvements to the current AIDS/STI surveillance system, and appropriate future interventions."
Related Published Resources
- Ministry of Heatlh and WHO - World Health Organization, Consensus Report on HIV and AIDS - Epidemiology in 2004: Malaysia, Ministry of Health; WHO, 2004, 30 pp. (Also available at http://www.wpro.who.int/NR/rdonlyres/47E92EB0-3F10-45D9-BF7A-AEDCBF4A5E22/0 Consensus_Report_MAA_2004.pdf) [ Details... ]
- AIDS/STD Section, Ministry of Health, Malaysia, Consensus Report on STI, HIV and AIDS Epidemiology: Malaysia, WHO/WPRO, 1999, 13 pp. (Also available at http://www.wpro.who.int/NR/rdonlyres/4E989B12-1E33-4F7C-AD7E-D9ED5A3C9048/0 Consensus_Report_MAA_1999.pdf) [ Details... ]