- Dowsett, Gary; Jeffrey Grierson and Stephen McNally
- A Review of Knowledge About the Sexual Networks and Behaviours of Men Who Have Sex With Men in Asia
- ARCSHS - Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, Melbourne, May 2006, 92 pp
Monograph Series Number 59. This work was supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development through Family Health International's Implementing AIDS Prevention and Care
(IMPACT) Project, Cooperative Agreement HRN-A-00-97-00017-00. Reproduced with ARCSHS's kind permission.
"The objective of this study, commissioned by Family Health International (FHI) and undertaken by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS), based at La Trobe University, Melbourne, is to provide a thorough analysis of existing information about MSM and their sexual networks and HIV transmission in four Asian countries. While some developing countries have begun researching male-to-male sexual activities and interests, many gaps exist in the understanding of sexual networking within MSM populations, and between MSM populations and wider populations. The project brief includes the following tasks: 1) To collate published data on sexual networks and sexual behaviours of MSM with a focus on four countries: Bangladesh, India, Thailand and Indonesia; 2) Increase understanding of MSM by analysing all existing literature and data; 3) Highlight gaps in knowledge; and 4) Make recommendations for additional research needed to further the understanding of sexual networks and sexual behaviours of MSM."
- Bangladesh, People's Republic of Bangladesh
- India, Republic of India
- Indonesia, Republic of Indonesia
- Thailand, Kingdom of Thailand