- UNDP South East Asia HIV and Development Programme
- Population Mobility in Asia: Implications for HIV/AIDS Action Programme
- Population Movement Development and HIV/AIDS: Looking Towards the Future
- UNDP South East Asia HIV and Development Programme, April 2000, 126 pp
- 974 85835-3-8
Collection of papers based on the "Mobile Populations and HIV Vulnerability" Sessions of the 5th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 23-27 October 1999.
"The UNDP South East Asia HIV and Development Project (SEAHIV-UNDP), has prepared this monograph in collaboration with the Secretariat of the Fifth International Conference on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP). Its contents are based on manuscripts prepared and presentations made at the the sub-track session, 'Migrant and Mobile Populations and HIV Vulnerability', conducted as a component of the Fifth Meeting of ICAAP held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 23 to 27 October 1999. Eleven presentations that focus on HIV vulnerability in mobile populations are contained in this monograph. These provide experiences in knowledge gained during the conduct of HIV action programmes in selected countries of the Asia region. The human rights concerns among migrant worker populations are examined to identify their impact on the HIV epidemic. Monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of HIV/AIDS programmes are also included. The final papers were carefully selected from approximately 500 submitted abstracts and represent a broad range of experiences from a wide geographic range that includes Bangladesh; Brunei Darussalam; Hong Kong, SAR of China; India; Japan; Malaysia; Nepal; Thailand and Viet Nam. Some approaches, such as HIV screening tests of migrant workers, although not considered appropriate, are included here to reflect practices in the region."
- Bangladesh, People's Republic of Bangladesh
- Brunei, Negara Brunei Darussalam
- China, People's Republic of China (PRC)
- Hong Kong, Special Administrative Regions of the People's Republic of China
- India, Republic of India
- Nepal, Kingdom of Nepal
- Thailand, Kingdom of Thailand
- Vietnam, Socialist Republic of Vietnam