- NAPWA - National Association of People Living with HIV/AIDS
- Submission to the Senate Select Committee on Medicare and Committee on the Health Legislation Amendment (Medicare and Private Health Insurance) Bill 2003
- AFAO - Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
- AFAO, 9 July 2003, 26 pp
Reproduced with kind permission of the Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations.
"As the peak body representing people living with HIV/AIDS at the level of national health policy, NAPWA is well-placed to consider how people with HIV are affected by the current system, and how proposed changes to Medicare arrangements are likely to affect peoples’ daily lives, and health outcomes. We will focus on the following areas: Current cost burdens of people living with HIV: an outline of the demographic; Bulk-billing arrangements; Geographical issues; Disadvantaged groups of people living with HIV/AIDS; Co-ordinated care; Access to private health insurance; HIV and families."
NGOs or Civil Society Organisations
- Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
- National Association of People Living With HIV/AIDS (Australia)
Related Published Resources
- Grierson, Jeffrey; Sebastian Misson; Karalyn McDonald; Marian Pitts and Mary O'Brien, HIV Futures 3: Positive Australians on Services, Health and Well-Being, The Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia, May 2002, 164 pp. [ PDF File | Details... ]