- AFAO - Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
- Response to the Government's welfare reform discussion paper "Building a Simpler system to help jobless families and individuals"
- NAPWA - National Association of People Living with HIV/AIDS
- AFAO, 20 June 2003, 16 pp
Reproduced with kind permission of the Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations.
"This document sets out the joint response to the discussion paper by AFAO and NAPWA. AFAO supports any welfare reforms that are focussed on the legitimate needs of people requiring assistance and which will result in a more responsive, equitable and sustainable system. Our members have directed AFAO to continue to oppose any changes to the welfare system motivated purely by budgetary concerns without due consideration of the impact on people living with HIV/AIDS and others who require assistance."
NGOs or Civil Society Organisations
- Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
- National Association of People Living With HIV/AIDS (Australia)