- International HIV/AIDS Alliance and HelpAge International
- Forgotten Families - Older people as carers for orphans and vulnerable children
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance & HelpAge International, 2003, 28 pp
Reproduced with kind permission of the International HIV/AIDS Alliance.
"As the HIV/AIDS epidemic strikes at the heart of family and community support structures, large numbers of older people are assuming responsibility for bringing up orphans and vulnerable children. But HIV/AIDS programmes often overlook the vital role that older people are playing. This report, published jointly by the Alliance and HelpAge International, draws on the experience of programmes in Africa and Asia to give policymakers and others tackling the HIV/AIDS epidemic an overview of the issues, as identified by older people, orphans and vulnerable children themselves. It addresses topics such as the financial needs of older carers and the scarcity of HIV/AIDS information for older people."
NGOs or Civil Society Organisations
- Care and support
- Economics and development
- HIV and AIDS
- Older people
- Orphans and other children made vulnerable by AIDS