- UNFPA - United Nations Populations Fund
- Strategic Guidance on HIV Prevention: Preventing HIV, Promoting Reproductive Health
- UNFPA, New York, 2002, 34 pp
Reproduced with the kind permission of UNFPA.
"As one of the eight cosponsors of UNAIDS (the other cosponsors being UNICEF, UNDP, UNDCP, UNESCO, ILO, WHO and World Bank), UNFPA chairs Theme Groups in many countries and supports HIV-prevention interventions in almost all of its country programmes. To maximize its response and to strengthen coordinated activities with other partners, it is critical for staff at every level to have a common understanding of the Fund's policies and strategic priorities. The aim of this document is to provide such guidance to staff, delineating the niche in which UNFPA as an organization has a definite comparative advantage in addressing the HIV/AIDS epidemic, especially at the country level."
- Economics and development
- Gender and HIV/AIDS
- HIV and AIDS
- Parent-to-child transmission
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Sexually transmitted infection
- Strategic planning and management
- Young people
Related Published Resources
- United Nations General Assembly, Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS: "Global Crisis - Global Action", Resolution adopted (27 June 2001) by the General Assembly, A/RES/S-26/2, United Nations, 2 August 2001, 15 pp. [ PDF File | Details... ]